If you have a question about your journey through the healthcare system, we are here to help.
We are private patient advocates, health navigators, case managers, medical billing professionals, insurance claims solution finders, shared decision-making experts and other professionals who make our living, and take pride, in our ability to help patients and caregivers find solutions to their health challenges.
How ‘Ask a Health Advocate’ Can Help You
If you need individualized one-on-one assistance for yourself or your loved one, we encourage you to find a patient advocate to help at www.AdvoConnection.com.
However, sometimes questions don’t require hiring an advocate. More general questions about people or resources might be appropriate for this ‘Ask a Health Advocate’ site, especially when the goal is to make yourself smarter about how to handle your journey through the system. Questions such as:
- Here is my situation. Do you think I need a second opinion?
- I was charged three times for the same test. Who should I contact to remove the extra charges?
- My doctor has requested I undergo this specific test, but my insurer won’t pay for it. What are my options?
- My mother is taking 14 different medications. How can I get them reviewed to be sure none of them are conflicting?
- I have to buy health insurance but I don’t have any money. Are there any programs I can apply to for assistance?
- And, of course, hundreds of others.
What We Cannot Help You With
We are not medical professionals and therefore cannot answer medical questions. In fact, before you ask a question, you’ll have to confirm that you understand you cannot get medical advice from this website.
If your question requires more than a fairly simple answer, we will not attempt to answer it. Instead we will refer you to a private advocate.
Current Questions Waiting for More Answers or Ideas
|(Click on each question to go to that page for complete question and possibly some answers.)|
|Ask your question here.|